11.05.2012

Slowing Down

October was a busy month ... the "get as much done as possible before the baby comes" month, if you will.  November has started out ... well ... slow.  I remember getting to this point when I was pregnant with Little Girl - the point when folks stop expecting me to make firm plans, and when I have a valid excuse for just about anything.  What?  You're showing up to a potluck with hotdogs and a can of sliced pears?  Sorry.  I just needed a 2 1/2 hour nap this afternoon.  It's nice, and refreshing, and liberating ... and slow.

Just what I need.

I think I'm going to suspend some of the things on my to-do list.  Most of the important stuff is done, anyway.  I still would like to start a quilt, and have all the Christmas and birthday presents taken care of and wrapped, but I'm going to let it go.  I NEED to let it go.  I have this cuteness to soak in, after all ...

I was trying to get a good picture of the giant curl just over her right ear.
It was a perfect curl.  And it just happened!
She's amazing.
We did get one special thing taken care of this weekend: family date on Saturday!  The Mr., Little Girl, and I ate Saturday morning breakfast at a diner just down the street (an 80-year-old-establishment with exactly 6 tiny booths, 15 counter stools, a short order cook, and a handful of big-haired waitresses that would make any southern roadside food establishment proud).


With the exception of the one that fell on the floor,
she ate EVERY. SINGLE. PANCAKE.
This is my child.  I'm so proud.
I fully embraced the "eating for two" mentality with the 2-2-2 breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 sausage links, 2 giant pancakes (the size of the plate above, to be more precise), and a generous serving of home fries.  I won't let on how much little was left over.  Let's be reasonable ... this 38-week baby inside has the appetite of a bear coming out of winter hibernation.  I am starving all the time.

After our breakfast we went to a town park that is a farm - Little Girl is really into animals (and animal sounds) these days.  We all had a blast, and it must've really done her in because she took a 3 1/2 hour nap once we got home, after almost falling asleep over her lunch (which she's never done before).

This week is very low-key.  My mom comes on Sunday.  Friends are on backup duty for Little Girl and Dog if the baby decides to come early.  Grocery shopping has been done.  Auctions are listed on ebay. This week, I'm spending time with those I love, doing what I need to do, and preparing - anticipating, really! - labor and delivery, because it means we get to meet our second child!

 Until then, this is my to-do list ...

3 comments:

  1. So so awesome. I cannot believe she ate ALL those pancakes?!?! And I laughed at your analogy of the bear coming out of hibernation. Love the final to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww such a SWEET time. I love the photo of your adorable daughter and her perfect curl, as well as your report about your delightful family date and how much both of you enjoyed eating :). Hugs to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to you sweet girl! You're such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete