10.21.2013

Cranberry-Apple Baked Oatmeal

Makes 1 9"x13" dish, serves 4-6

1 1/2 c. frozen whole cranberries
2 medium apples, peeled and cored
2 eggs
1 c. milk
3 c. uncooked rolled oats
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. melted butter
2 eggs
1 c. milk

Coarsely chop whole cranberries and peeled/cored apples (I did this in a food processor with 6-8 one-second pulses.  If you don't have a food processor, chopping or grating works fine).  Stir in eggs and milk; set wet ingredients aside.

In a large bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.  Stir in melted butter.  Add the cranberry-apple mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.

Put into a lightly greased 9"x13" dish.  Bake at 325 for 30-45 minutes or until set.  To serve, heat additional milk and spoon over each serving.  (All the steps except baking can be done the night before for a make-ahead breakfast!  Just combine ingredients, put them in a dish, and cover them in the refrigerator overnight.)

Cranberry-Apple Baked Oatmeal
I am not going to wait until Thanksgiving to say it: I am extremely thankful.  I am so blessed, and have so many wonderful, beautiful people and things in my life.  That is all.

3 comments:

  1. Yum this looks great! WIll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried this today for breakfast (made the night before) and it was delicious! It was especially a big hit with my children. I have made other baked oatmeals, but this is by far, their favorite. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I'm so glad you all enjoyed it! I think the cranberries + apples add a nice refreshing zing without being too overpowering. A good fall/holiday breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete