3.20.2014

A quilt in the works

Batik and White North Country Ways quilt
I know it's going to be a big project when it takes every single one of my basting pins to get the quilt ready.  I am excited about this quilt and relieved to see it coming together!  Pardon the weird photo angle ... it was hard to find a place to stand to get a decent picture!

The prints are from a Moda batik jelly roll that I received for my birthday, and the quilt pattern is modified (in size only) from the North Country Ways pattern in Antique to Heirloom Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott.  I finally got the guts slice up the pretty roll of fabrics and get to work!  I'm so glad I did. 

Here's the fun part: I only used half of each strip in the roll, so I'm going to make another quilt with the other half of the strips as a coordinating (but not matchy matchy) quilt.  Once both of them are done, they'll be on Big Sis and Little Sis's beds!  Oh, I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment