1.16.2014

Handwritten Recipe: Hello Dollies


1 1/2 sticks butter, melted (3/4 c.)
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
12 oz. chocolate chips (1 bag)
2 c. shredded coconut
2 small bags pecan pieces
2 cans sweetened condensed milk

Mix butter and crumbs, put in a 13x9" pan.  Layer chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans.  Top with milk.  Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until browned.  Loosen sides while warm; cut when cool.


Do you know about Hello Dollies?  If not, let me introduce you to what might be the most indulgent dessert you'll meet in 2014.  Butter.  Chocolate.  Coconut + nuts.  Sugary creamy gooeyness.  They are stick-in-your-molars delicious, and if you're anything like me you'll tell your kid it's a pan of Parent Food for After Bedtime.

These cookie bars are also known as Magic Bars, Outrageous Bars, and Seven Layer Bars (though, honestly, I don't know why ... I only count six ingredients, and five actual layers).  This particular one comes from a friend of my mom's.  It must've been dictated to her (or kindly copied from an email), because that's my mother dear's handwriting.

If you're looking for something to literally throw together from ingredients you have on hand, this would be it.

Please excuse me now.  I hear Parent Food calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment