2.21.2013

Food I Can't Stop Making: Chocolate Chip Cookies

Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies, from here

3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color.  Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.  Stir in chocolate chips.
Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a baking sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges (the tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than 10 minutes!).
Let cool on the sheet on a wire rack for five minutes.  Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.  Makes approximately 3 dozen.
Seriously, the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever eaten
Sometimes I get in a rut with food, where I make the same things over and over because I can't think of anything else to do.
Sometimes I get in a groove with food, where I make the same things over and over because I can't get enough of them.

These are "groove" cookies.  I've made two batches in six days.  Calculate it: yes, that's over 60 cookies in a household where I'm the only one who eats dessert.  In my defense, I've shared and given most of them away (I actually used a dozen as an excuse to meet a neighbor I've been stalking eyeing wanting to meet for the last few months), but I've also eaten my fair share of them.  I even hid an offer of these cookies in a recent blog post because I'm so crazy about them (I guess the offer still stands.  I'd be up for making more).

Enough of me talking.  Put down whatever you're doing right now that you think is important (like reading some silly blog post) and go make some cookies.  And let them bake for only 10 minutes, max - that's how you get such delicious cookiness, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment