6.15.2011

Salmon with Cilantro Pesto

Salmon with Cilantro Pesto


Sprinkle 4 4-oz salmon fillets with salt and pepper; drizzle with olive oil.  Cover and let sit in refrigerator for 2-24 hours.


Drizzle olive oil in a skillet and heat over medium heat.  Meanwhile, process 1/3 c. chopped cilantro + 2 Tbsp. olive oil + juice of one lime in a small food processor until smooth to make the cilantro-lime pesto.  Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste.  


Place salmon fillets in skillet and cook on the first side for 6-8 minutes.  Turn each one and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork.  Spoon one heaping spoonful of cilantro-lime pesto onto each fillet and serve over rice with roasted vegetables on the side.


If you know me, you know I don't do seafood.  But recently, I've been culinarily challenged to try more fish, and have been somewhat surprised that I actually like it!  Don't get me wrong - I'm not eating fish every day - but every once in a while, it's actually refreshing.  I made this dish as a welcome home dinner for the Mister upon his return from the month-long Swiss adventure.  Fish is one of those things that he orders in restaurants because he never gets to eat it at home ... so, it was really a big deal that I made this.


It. was. delicious.  


I will be making it again.  I'm growing cilantro for this purpose ...

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment