4.13.2009

I Dare You

This is Mom's staple potato casserole recipe ... happens to be my favorite potato casserole recipe ... no one complains, EVER, about this one ... so go ahead, throw away your other potato casserole recipes. I dare you.
6-8 red potatoes, quartered (or use what you have and quarter them) 1/4 cup butter 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. pepper 1 can cream of mushroom (or chicken, or celery) soup 8 oz. sour cream (or plain nonfat yogurt) 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 1 1/4 cup herb seasoned dressing mix 1/4 cup butter Boil potatoes until tender. Cool. Mix melted 1/4 cup butter, salt, pepper, soup, and sour cream. Add potatoes and cheese to mixture. Mix well but try not to mash the potatoes. Put in greased dish. Mix 1/4 cup melted butter and dressing mix. Spread on top of potato mixture. Sprinkle paprika over it all to make it look pretty. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and done.
Easter Menu rundown (serves 15 or so):
Crock-pot ham provided by Cindi
Roasted chicken provided by Katie
Green bean casserole provided by Andrea
Potato casserole provided by me
Spinach-strawberry-feta-sugared walnut-homemade vinaigrette salad provided by Mary
Grape salad with pecans provided by Lisa (I'll post that recipe when I get my hands on it)
Fluffy Rolls provided by Katie
Volleyball provided by the gang and the Corporate Research Center's sand volleyball court
Chocolate Ostrich Egg filled with Peanut Butter provided by Mrs. Robinson (here's to you!)
3 Visiting Brothers provided by Cedarville University
1 Friend provided by Dublin
Post-Volleyball Non-Awkward Silence provided by Exhaustion
"Dylan and Meredith's Coconut Cake" provided by me (I'll post that one too)
Banana-pineapple 3-layer cake with cream cheese frosting provided by Andrea
I sometimes bemoan the fact that I don't know many people in this town, but the truth is that the people I do know are really amazing. So here's to you, Settlers-playing, school-going, random-job, ultimate-frisbee friends ... you're swell. You're like a good potato casserole - I'm going to keep you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment