7.17.2009

Five Threes

Fruit Sherbet 3 bananas, sliced 3 peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced 3 c. strawberries, capped and halved 3 c. sugar 3 c. water Combine bananas, peaches, strawberries, and 1 cup of water in blender or food processor - pulse until almost smooth. Mix in remaining 2 c. water and sugar. Mix well. Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Only a quick note on this one - SO good! I had a hankering for homemade ice cream and stole ... er, borrowed ... my parents' ice cream maker. I decided to go with this sherbet because (a) I had all the ingredients on hand, (b) I didn't have much milk on hand, and (c) one of my friends doesn't eat dairy and I wanted her to be able to have some. The recipe came from my dad who said that his mom (my Nano) used to make this - and I feel like if a recipe has been around for that long it's bound to be good. None of this crazy fad stuff ... just good old fruit sherbet. You could use other fruits for the bananas/peaches/strawberries ... I think Nano made it with oranges, grapefruit, and bananas. Go. Make Five Threes now. Or Four Threes and a Four. Or Seven Threes and a Two. Whatever. Just make it and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment